Trompe le Monde: A Round the World Tour Diary

An online travel diary so people can keep up to date with what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Name:
Location: Home, United Kingdom

You all know who I am, I assume.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Island hopping

One of the main attractions of Nha Trang, aside from the beach of course, is that being there affords one the opportunity of going on a boat trip around the islands just off the coast. So that's jsut what we did the other day.

The boat trip basically meant we spent most of the day mooching about on said aquatic transportation device. But it did afford us the opportunity to swim about over a coral reef, seeing lots and lots of brightly coloured tropical fish. It was great. It also meant I could jump off the top of a boat into the sea, just like on a video from MTV. Or something.

Anyway, the other great thing we encountered on the boat trip was the phenomenon of the floating bar. Basically, everyone on the trip leapt off the boat into the water, and got a rubber ring type flotation device. The barman sat in a rubber ring with a crate of bottles of fruit wine (like sangria). Everyone had a cup, and you swam back to the bar for a free refill whenever you wanted. Utterly brilliant...


Okay, congratulations to anyone who's got through my last two smug posts without wanting to stab me. I assure you all that the beach-related self-satisfaction will subside rapidly starting from my next post. We're off to Ho Chi Minh City tonight, you see. Also known as Saigon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home