Trompe le Monde: A Round the World Tour Diary

An online travel diary so people can keep up to date with what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Name:
Location: Home, United Kingdom

You all know who I am, I assume.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Australia

I've arrived safe and sound in Aus, after a crazy journey. Spent a night in Bangkok airport as our plane was due to leave at 8am the following day. Let me tell you, it was pretty dull...

Anyway, an 8 or 9-hour plane journey later (featuring no decent films but a fair bit of free drink) and we arrived fine. Spent today wandering around Sydney harbour (delightful), marvelling at being in a country full of honkies who speak English (I need to quickly adjust to not loudly lambasting people, safe in the knowledge their English won't be good enough to understand my quick speech and use of slang), and just cooked a meal for the first time in four and a half months.

Oh yeah, and Australians are great - the train guy let us off buying a ticket (about a fiver each) on the late train from Sydney airport to the area where we're staying cos the change machine didn't have enough spare moolah to break the note we were trying to use. Bonzah (or however it's spelt).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ricky said...

I believe it's spelt 'Bonza!' (nb. the exclamation mark is compulsory)

Glad you're having fun :)

February 23, 2005 at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home