Trompe le Monde: A Round the World Tour Diary

An online travel diary so people can keep up to date with what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Name:
Location: Home, United Kingdom

You all know who I am, I assume.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sihanoukville: Not Another Gloating Beach Post

I'm now in Sihanoukville, on the southern coast of Cambodia, and thus today I've been swimming in the Gulf of Thailand. Yay.

Don't worry, though, this genuinely isn't another gloating beach e-mail, because, warm sea aside, Sihanoukville is a bit rubbish. The beach is amazingly short, about 10m of sand from back to surf, and even the bars aren't much cop. Though that didn't stop us going out last night, getting back at about twenty past two in time to turn on the telly and dazedly watch Arsenal lose to Manchester United. A match that would have been an emotional rollercoaster ending with me begin crushed had I been in a normal state of mind, so you can imagine what I was like having drunk rather a large amount...

Anyway, people who don't know or care about football read this, so I shall leave it here, by informing you that soon we will be returning to Phnom Penh to see the stuff we didn't see before, and then to head up to Siem Reap in northern Cambodia in order to look at Angkor Wat. Oh, and that I shall probably go for a night swim tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home