Trompe le Monde: A Round the World Tour Diary

An online travel diary so people can keep up to date with what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Name:
Location: Home, United Kingdom

You all know who I am, I assume.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

It's not all fun

To recap: Last you heard I looked like some sort of ruffian due to the large graze on my face, and the right hand side of my body hurt and was grazed and cut in a lot of places (knee, shoulder, hand, ear). Yesterday I felt rough in general, but I put that down to a hangover. How wrong I was, though.

After a night spent failing to sleep, rolling about in delirious fever, and with a sore throat, I realised that - yay! - I've once again managed to contract tonsilitis. I've just been to an American Doctor, and trust me on this, what they say about medical care being pricey in the US is absolutely true. Ouch. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of the money back from my insurance - after all, that's what it's there for, right (arf)?

All told I'm not a happy bunny at the moment - unable to sleep on my right side, or at all, no money, stuck in a country crammed with Americans. It's not rosey. This morning at 6am (my time) you would have found me on this very computer, having given up the charade of trying to sleep, looking at the cost of flights home. I reckon I'll hang in here for as long as I can, but still - if something else goes wrong...

So who knows? Maybe see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home