Trompe le Monde: A Round the World Tour Diary

An online travel diary so people can keep up to date with what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Name:
Location: Home, United Kingdom

You all know who I am, I assume.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Goodbye USA

Well, I could write this post about a lot of things. I could write more on the staggering Kafkaesque beaurocracy of the US Health System. But I eventually got my antibiotics, albeit at some cost, so I don't want to gripe overly.

I could write about how rubbish Tijuana is, providing neither real nor fake tourist sleaze, and no sense of the real Mexico either. But I shall be returning to Mexico and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

I could write about the horrors of staying sober on cinco de mayo, a big celebration night in these parts. But I shan't because it's not good form to mention the drunken indiscretions of one's friends in such a public forum as this.

Instead, I dedicate this post to the girls in (of all places) Starbucks round the corner from my San Diego hostel who at 6 o'clock this morning with insomnia driving me nuts served me a cup of tea with a smile and a friendly chat.

Next time I feel anti-yank I shall try to remember them. They aren't all bad.

Bye USA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home